Saturday 7 April 2007

Success and satisfaction in life

Have you ever reached the time where by you can say that “I am now successful/satisfied in my life”?
Is “this time” an “unreachable” thing?

I think it depends on what does “success” mean to you, is it:
- Obeying Good & watching carefully all your deeds to seek paradise
- Getting your college degree
- Getting a good position in your job
- Having a loving & caring family
- Getting married and having your own children
- Enjoying work/life balance
- Having your own money/car/house
- Being helpful& caring to others

I think it is a combination of all the above factors together and may be more than I mentioned.
But the question is “who has all this combination?!”
Well, I think most of people have it but with different levels.

That’s life!

2 comments:

بعيدا said...

Allaho a3lam, but I feel that as Muslims, we can never really reach a point where we can sit back & say "yessss, I think I'm satisfied with my life". I think that to say that would be the step toward self-destruction. Even the sa7aba who were mobashereen bel gannah were not satisfied & worried about whether they were going to be accepted by Allah. I think that 3adam el satisfaction is what keeps us in check & saves us from being arrogant & keeps us wanting to make sure that all of our deeds will please Allah (swt). I know you may be talking about a different type of satisfaction,...satisfaction of setting goals & meeting them...which in this case, I would agree with you, lol :).

بعيدا said...
This comment has been removed by the author.